- Passaic County homeowners can reserve a kit by calling 973-225-3651.
- Test kits are limited and available on a first come first served basis.
- Arrangements will be made to pick up reserved radon test kits at the Passaic County Department of Health, 18 Clark St., Paterson and a few designated municipal health departments
Radon- The Basics
- Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas formed by the decay of uranium in rock, soil and water
- It can accumulate in the home
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer
- Testing is easy
- The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection recommends all New Jersey homeowners test for Radon
- If levels are elevated, homes can be mitigated to reduce radon levels
- In New Jersey, all radon testing and mitigation businesses and professionals must be certified.
This Passaic Department of Health program is funded by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Radon Section. For more information go to www.njradon.org or call 800-648-0394